toxicsoup

Well, not toxic, exactly... maybe just a little bit rank. But in a nice way. With a garnish.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sunday Game

Fantastic! It's Sunday again, which means that it's a legal requirement of being British that we should ignore the housework and play computer games.
It's a grim fact that failure to do so could result in prosecution or even the death penalty.

With this in mind, I bring to you Robobug Blaster.
It's a nice little vertical platform shooter.. the aim being to protect the boxes from the bugs before they reach the quality control man.

The animation is great (watch the bloke at the bottom) and the controls are easy-peasy.

You can switch the sound off, which is a must for playing on a Monday morning in the office. Not that I'm suggesting that anyone would dream of playing games in the office.
I, for one, would much rather do filing or speadsheets, but that's because I'm a model employee with absolutely no character flaws whatsoever.

Also, an update for people who liked Zuma or who have completed all the levels (Imp, I'm talking to you!) and want another challenge.

This is a weirdy Japanese (I think) version called Bear and Cat. It takes AGES to load (open another browser window and surf... or do some work while you're waiting...?! Nah, only joking) but it's worth it just for the trippy music.
You can turn the sound off by clicking 'pause' and moving the volume dial down.

I'm not entirely sure of the rules... my Japanese is a bit rusty so I couldn't read the instructions. However, just keep shooting and growl occasionally and you can't go wrong.

Cool, though.

7 Comments:

  • At January 08, 2006 10:58 pm, Anonymous imp said…

    Thanks.

    That's my Monday entertainment taken care of!

    May need to take a crash course in Japanese to make sure I'm better at it than you. (not that we're atall competitive!)

    xxx

     
  • At January 08, 2006 11:44 pm, Blogger funny thing said…

    Or would that be 'clash course'???!

    Imp, I am unbeatable. Just give up now, you know it makes sense.

    ;)

     
  • At January 09, 2006 2:45 am, Blogger Mdx said…

    OK. That could be addictive.

     
  • At January 09, 2006 9:32 am, Blogger Imogen said…

    Damn you, I'm completely addicted- I'm just going to sit and watch the dust bunnies grow; my flatmates can just hoover around me..

     
  • At January 09, 2006 12:51 pm, Blogger Fuckkit said…

    It's true y'know. Murder you get 15 years, failure to play games on a Sunday, public hanging in the town square.

     
  • At January 09, 2006 3:48 pm, Blogger funny thing said…

    Too right! It's hard on all us Brit citizens but I knuckle on down and do my duty....

    Obviously at this exact moment in time I'm filling out forms and my mouse slipped by a huge coincidence onto the little blue 'e' and here I am, hurrying off again....

     
  • At January 09, 2006 10:22 pm, Blogger garfer said…

    Utterly moronic, imbecilic, lobotomised, peurile mind bubblegum.

    Loved it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home