toxicsoup

Well, not toxic, exactly... maybe just a little bit rank. But in a nice way. With a garnish.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sunday Game

If you can get past level 5, I lift my hat off to you.

Erik vs Erik is a cute little game with great hand-drawn effect graphics that'll keep you glued to your seat until you have a bad case of RSI in your right hand.

Remember Pac Man? Erik vs Erik is like a cross between Pac Man and Pixel Panic... get the dots, surround the squares, avoid the other Eriks (Speedy-Pumpkin Erik, Zombie Erik, Baby Erik, Bad Complexion Erik, and Monday Morning Erik).


Collect all the dots around a rectangular section of the play field to fill that section and score points. If any of the other Eriks are around a rectangle when it's filled, they are sent home.
Fantastic! More exciting than Ludo, that's for sure.

I've got to prepare a lesson for tomorrow morning.
I need to be doing that next or I'll turn up at 9:30 with nothing to teach and a fearful, haunted look on my face, then the students will revolt and I'll be dejected and unemployed all at once... quite possibly my car will break down, I'll put on a stone and a half in unexplained weight and I'll break out in spots (and we all know what happens when I break out in spots)... Spar will have run out of toothpaste, I'll become hideously unnattractive, Imp will leave me and I'll become allergic to beer and pizza.

So you see, I really should go and write this lesson.

After just one more go.....

9 Comments:

  • At January 15, 2006 9:39 pm, Anonymous imp said…

    Hey! You won't become unattractive and I won't leave you. ( obviously I might have to consider it if you've not finished preparing your lesson!) NOT REALLY.

    xx

     
  • At January 15, 2006 9:52 pm, Blogger funny thing said…

    Always expect the worst, that's my motto.
    Apart from that I'm a cheery little thing, as you well know.

    The grumpy git thing is a cunning ruse to throw you off the scent, keep you grateful and to prevent people asking me to do baby-sitting.

    XxX

     
  • At January 16, 2006 1:02 pm, Blogger Fuckkit said…

    Why oh why do you taunt me with these links that are brutally blocked at work by Websense?

     
  • At January 16, 2006 1:41 pm, Blogger funny thing said…

    Sorry. I'll try to find some that aren't.

     
  • At January 16, 2006 4:29 pm, Blogger Phi said…

    ...just wondering: what was your lesson about?

     
  • At January 16, 2006 4:52 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said…

    are you a teacher? for some reason I thought you were a home repair/renovator/master fixer upper!

     
  • At January 16, 2006 5:08 pm, Blogger funny thing said…

    Hiya phi! I'm a Community Outreach Worker for adults with learning difficulties or poor basic skills.

    As part of my job I teach a dyslexia class and a blogging class (for adults with dyslexia). Today was blogging.

    I used to be a construction worker... (amongst other things). That'll be where you got that from, kg.

     
  • At January 16, 2006 10:03 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said…

    btw, I had a post about dyslexia last week, perhaps when you're finished pulling the house apart, you'd like to pop over for a coffee and sprinkle some words of wisdom?

     
  • At January 17, 2006 9:17 am, Blogger Phi said…

    your job is simply great. I've loved teaching, it has made me really feel helpful.
    xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home