toxicsoup

Well, not toxic, exactly... maybe just a little bit rank. But in a nice way. With a garnish.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sunday Game

A couple of years ago I bought the Polyphonic Spree album "The Beginning Stages of...." for my friend, Witty, because she likes the French Horn.... and because I thought they looked funny.

She ripped the paper off, looked at the album cover (trying to disguise her horror) and clearly thought I'd bought her a Christian Cult Album of Cringeworthy Choruses. Which of course, is the real reason I bought it. I'm a git at heart.
How we laughed....

Two albums later they're still as weird as ever but I'm not complaining, especially since I found this equally weird game.

The artwork is spectacular and if you crank the sound up you'll be accompanied / plagued by something that sounds like a cross between Flaming Lips and Mercury Rev.

The game is a Click-And-Wait-To-See-What-Happens type puzzle. Sounds a bit like sex, come to think of it.

The mission; to get three lost, robed, band members back to the main group who have somehow got separated, possibly on the way back from the bathroom.
It does say.. but I couldn't be bothered to read it.

Anyhow, it's worth it, just for the animation.

Click

5 Comments:

  • At September 10, 2006 7:02 pm, Blogger eddie said…

    Very nice :)
    Maybe we exchange links?
    http://mragowskiemolo.blogspot.com - my blog.
    If so then write me on mail, or speak in comments.

     
  • At September 12, 2006 4:42 pm, Blogger ziggi said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At September 12, 2006 5:02 pm, Blogger ziggi said…

    this is the first time I have ever got from the beginning to the actual end of a game! (and fairly quickly) - I may now have to retire - thank you

     
  • At September 12, 2006 9:35 pm, Blogger funny thing said…

    It's a bit frustrating at first, but definitely achieveable! Retire away :)

     
  • At September 13, 2006 3:20 pm, Blogger Anne Witton said…

    'Ello mate! Yes, I remember my initial reaction when I peeled the paper away and saw all those white smocks! Anyhow, it's a good album. That game's odd though. Unfortunately I have the patience of a hyperactive child so I couldn't make it do anything. Anyway, I'm off for a nice refreshing glass of E numbers now. Bye! x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home